Senior Legal Education and Development Coordinator
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
This month WALRAA is proud to feature Bhavisha Dave. Bhavisha is the Senior Legal Education and Development Coordinator at Kirkland & Ellis LLP. She joined WALRAA last year in 2022 and loves the many networking opportunities. Read about her experience with in Legal Education and Development, her professional goals and more in her own words below.
1. How long have you been a member of WALRAA? What has been your favorite experience so far?
I joined WALRAA in 2022! My favorite experience so far was the 2023 Educational Conference. I had a blast meeting new WALRAA members and attending the different sessions.
2. How has WALRAA helped you in your field?
WALRAA has helped me break out of my shell by providing me with networking opportunities. This has allowed me expand my network in comfortable, welcoming spaces. I have also been able to reconnect with old colleagues which has been so wonderful.
3. How did you first learn about and get started in Attorney Recruiting/Career Services?
I got started in Legal Education and Development right out of college as a temp. I was lucky enough that my former manager took a chance on me and hired me to be a part of her team. I realized that I really enjoyed the work and the industry and the rest is history!
4. What is your favorite moment of your career so far?
My favorite moment in my career so far has been putting together programs that support our diverse attorneys.
5. How do you balance your career and personal life?
I have not always been the best at it however I am trying to prioritize that this year! I schedule plans with friends, time off/vacations so that I always to have something to look forward to. I am also very lucky that I have a team so supportive of having a good work/life balance.
6. What professional goals have you set for yourself this year?
I'd like to improve on my public speaking skills and executive presence
7. What is the best professional advice you have received?
Q-TIP: Quit Taking It Personally
8. What do you like to do for fun?
I really enjoy discovering new music and making playlists that fit a specific vibe/mood/feeling! I have also recently gotten into SoulCycle and of course, I love spending time with my family's dog. He is hands down the best part of my day, every day!
9. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know?
I taught myself how to play guitar when I was home from college on winter break one year.